Powered by Blogger.

Snowed In!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I am starting to think that a white Christmas is vastly overated. I am not literally snowed in (I could get to the shops if I wanted, unusually though I'm not bothered about shopping at the moment) but it is starting to feel that way.
I have been planning my Christmas night out for ages and have got my outfit all sorted but it is seeming less and less likely that I will be able to go.


I have chosen to go for a retro 40's /50's look with a pencil skirt and the sequin and mesh corset top that I got for a Euro a tiny church jumble sale when I was on holiday in Tenerife (that now seems like a distant memory). I even managed to get my seamed tights which were on sale at Oasis delivered in time on a next day delivery. A shopping trip to Boots in the week (I haven't done one of these in ages) resulted in red nail polish to match my red lipstick, 24 hour eyeliner (mine usually disappears with about half an hour), hair spray, hair clips, hairspray and some false eye lashes.

I am planning an elaborate hair do which I have never done before but have been doing some research on the internet and found some great tutorials. I also really wanted the chance to wear the red fascinator that I bought after spotting on a stall at Vintage at Goodwood and I think will add a fun festive touch to the outfit - it is actually a swallow shape but Mr Style Eyes keeps telling me it looks like a reindeers antler.

This is quite a daring look for me as I have worn outfits with some retro element/ inspiration to them before but have never tried such a glamorous retro look before. It will be more retro inspired then authentic retro as I am not sure that I have the ability to pay that much attention detail. I figured well it is Christmas, so why not?



For snow I am just staying inside and keeping warm in my cosy Blue Inc cardigan and festive red socks. I will keep you posted on whether I manage to make it on my night out and don't bottle out of wearing my planned outfit. 

Do you have any festive nights out planned? will you be adapting your plans or outfits because of the weather?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment