Powered by Blogger.

DIY Fruit and Stripes Top

Monday, March 7, 2011

I haven't done a DIY post for a while now. Mainly because the creativity for such projects usually comes when I am feeling relaxed with a little time to spare. Unfortunately this hasn't been happening too much lately. But my latest project has made me realise how much I enjoy a bit of diy so hopefully will be doing some more soon.
This project was inspired by all the fruity fashions I have been spying lately (especially Prada) and the whole nautical and retro thing.

First I popped into the local charity shop to shop tops for a few pounds. This wasn't too difficult and I found just what I wanted immediately. Actually they needed to be made of cotton for the transfers to work and only one of them was, so I just kept the long sleeved one as it was.



Then I bought some t shirt transfer sheets from Wilkinsons. For those who don't have a Wilkinsons nearby., it is one of those shops where you can buy anything and everything. You can find them online here

I got my daughter to draw a picture of some cherries and colour them with her pens. She also went around the outline in black to make it stand out.

I scanned the picture onto the computer then edited it so I had lots of cherries in an a4 sheet area.I printed the cherries onto the transfer paper using the highest quality print settings.

I cut out the cherry transfers leaving a small border of White around the edge of the cherries. I applied the transfers to the t shirt using an iron according to the instructions.

That was how I made my fruity top. You could also use all sorts of other designs on a striker background including other fruit like bananas or watermelon.You could also use whatever you like really as long as it is bold and bright, flamingoes,cupcakes , flowers or butterflies. A great little top to wear with a pair of blue jeans.




Have a great week!
With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment