Powered by Blogger.

Tout Noveau

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I am all for prints and patterns. Generally speaking, the brighter, the bolder and the more unusual the better. I love a polka dot as much as the next girl but sometimes I just need something with a bit more zing. Lately I have noticed that prints and patterns have been getting more and more artistic. A plain old repeating shape is fine but it doesn't give that feeling of butterflies in my stomach that some of the amazing frenzies of colour that I keep on spotting around . 

I haven't reviewed any new labels or designers for a while. I guess I just kind of got fed up with saying the same old things - 'very wearable', 'very elegant' blah blah blah, perhaps a symptom of how uninspired I feel. Then out of the blue, whilst still reeling from the shock of the Mary Katrantzou AW11 collection (how amazing was that?), I stumbled across Tout Noveau.

I love the fact that each of the pieces is unique and individual. Tout Noveau promote and sell the work of new gradiates from art universties in the UK and beyond. They help to bridge the gap between education and industry whilst also providing an great (although more expensive) alternative to the high street.

Here are some of my favourites:





No comments:

Post a Comment