Powered by Blogger.

Florals, checks, lace and more..

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today the weather was much more characteristic for the time of year than it has been for a while so I opted for another outfit with tights. I have a feeling I am going to need to invest in a few more pairs of patterned tights until the spring and summer properly arrive.

The weather also seems to effect my choice of colours, for colder weather I tend to pick richer and  deeper colours whilst warmer weather is definitely more for lighter and brighter colours. This is one of those outfits that has a lot going on with patterns colours and textures. It combines checks (tights) lace and florals (top), hand woven skirt and a cable knit cape.

It took me ages to make my mind up what to wear this morning and I tried out quite a few combinations before I managed to settle on this one. I bought the cape from Oxfam for the winter but it wasn't warm enough to wear out on its own and wouldn't fit under my coat so is perhaps much better for spring or autumn. 

Hoping that warm weather comes back again soon as I have so many summer dresses I want to wear!



Skirt - People Tree Sale
Top - ASOS
Cape - Oxfam (originally NEXT)
Tights - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Poetic Licence
necklace - a present

Do you take ages to decide what to wear in the morning or can you make an instant decision?
Hope that you are having a fabulous week.

With warmest wishes

Ceri X


No comments:

Post a Comment