Powered by Blogger.

Melissa Shoes

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I have been spotting the Melissa shoe brand just about every where recently. At first I was a little unsure about the idea of plastic shoes but they are really starting to grow on me. Whilst they are made from plastic the shoes are actually eco friendly as they are recyclable and part recycled from old shoes. They offer an alternative to leather for vegans. They are also made in Brazil in a socially and environmentally responsible factory, where waste and water is recycled as much as possible.

The thermo moulded plastic allows for fun, creative and colourful designs of shoes which just keep on catching my eye and make them very different to other eco shoes on the marlet. The shoes even have a sweet candy like smell.

The brands logo is 'plastic dreams' and for me they have almost managed to glamorise a material which for me has previously signified something unattractive with a high environmental impact. Of particular interest to me is the brands collaborations with designers most importantly Vivienne Westwood but also Patrick Cox, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Alexandre Hercovitch and Judy Blame. The fact that their latest collection is modelled by Katy Perry in a fabulous rainbow coloured photo shoot kind of helps too.

Here are my faves:


melissa lady dragon westwood shoes


melissa ultra girl westwood shoes


 melissa eco shoes


What do you think of the Melissa brand? and which shoes do you prefer?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment