Powered by Blogger.

Summer Trends - FBFF

Friday, June 10, 2011

This weeks Fashion and Beauty Friend Friday  is Summer Trends:

What are the top 5 Summer trends that you are looking forward to wearing this season? (Can be anything from makeup,shoes,accessories, clothing, etc..)

As I have already written quite a bit about some of the more generic trends like floral prints,colour block etc, I have decided to be a little more specific with todays trends.

Floral Palazzo Trousers

floral palazzo trousers

According to the style rules, I shouldn't wear patterns on my bottom half as I have big hips but I can't stop gazing at the floral trousers that are around . Add to that my height (5ft 2) and the loose fitting (and long) styles that are around and I can see it could be quite difficult to find a pair to suit. Floral trousers offer so many possibilities for pattern mixing I am definitely going to keep on looking.

Coloured Jeans



In terms of wearabilty, coloured jeans have to be my number one trend for the summer. They are a trend that everyone can wear and are definitely going to make the world a more colourful place this summer. Again they offer endless outfit possibilities and whilst the most popular choices are royal blue and red jeans my favourites are slightly more unusual bright yellow and pink. I spotted these pink ASOS ones on Cherry Pie recently.

Rainbow Stripes


rainbow stripe dress

Much as I love stripes which I think look amazing with florals, plain old stripes on their own are a classic look that I have seen so much of they are starting to bore me. I am loving the rainbow striped dresses that I have seen around though.

Chiffon Kimonos


chiffon kimono hippy jacket

I love vintage clothes and this summer there seem to vintage inspired pieces every where. Some of my  favourites are the chiffon kimonos which are a great way to glam up a pair of jeans or shorts . I spotted Oh My Love on Style of a Fashionista which has made me want one even more.

Red Sunglasses

red sunglasses

I usually try to buy clothes to last and avoid buying stuff that I know I will wear for just one season. When it comes to sunglasses though it is a completely different matter. I wear them so much that they end up getting scratched so I tend to buy a cheap new pair each year. I love the trend for fun statement sunglasses and this year I particularly love the red ones, great for brightening up a neutral outfit.

So over to you. Which trends are you loving for summer? You can check out the other FBFF posts here

With warmest wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment