Powered by Blogger.

Weekend Outfits

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Top - ASOS
Yellow blouse - H! by Henry Holland at Debenhams
Shorts - Dorothy Perkins
Boots - El Naturalista

On Saturday evening I took my oldest daughter to the JLS concert in Swindon for a birthday treat. The concert also featured Olly Murs, probably my favourite of the three and  Alexi Jordan. It was one of those occasions when you don't really know what to expect in terms of rain, cold and mud. I toyed with the idea of wearing wellies but decided to just wear ankle boots instead. It was really cold and wet but luckliy not too muddy. I was glad I chose to wear this outfit as I felt like I had dressed up and made a bit of an effort but also with my trusty green parka over the top managed to stay quite warm. Tights and shorts is a suprisingly practical combination as tights don't soak up half as much rainwater as jeans. In the end we decided to leave at 9pm, half an hour before the end. I am so glad we did as we missed another major downpour and avoided 2 hours of sitting in traffic to get out at the end. I was safely snuggled up in front of the TV at home with a hot chocolate and almond macaroon by 10pm.



Dress - Second hand shop
cardigan - Marks and Spencers
Shoes - Dkode
Locket - vintage (a present)

As it was Father's Day on Sunday, I cooked dinner for Mr Style Eyes, the children and in laws. The sun was out (for a change), so I decided to get a bit dressed up in one of my many dresses (with the summer weather being as it is, I like to cease every opportunity to wear a summer dress). This was one that I bough a few weeks ago from a local second hand shop for £8. I love the bright and cheery floral pattern and it fits perfectly, making it one of my favourite dresses at the moment. I also decided to try my hair slightly differently. I almsot always wear it down but though I would try a messy bun for a change. This also gave me a chance to wear some earrings which I rarely bother with as they just disappear under my hair.

Hope that you had a lovely weekend?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment