Powered by Blogger.

Festival Outfits

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It is not long now until I go to my first ever festival. I am insanely excited and have been spending a fair amount of time considering what I will be wearing. I am guessing that most people don't take 5 pairs of shoes when they go to a festival so just for this once I have narrowed it down to 2 pairs plus wellies just in case.

I have decided not to take my heavy DSLR camera, I will take my old camera instead but I have no idea how these pictures will turn out. So I decided to photo my outifts in advance, this also makes it so much easier for me to work out what to take and pack. I am guessing this is a bit obsessive, but I like to plan well in advance and be prepared as there won't be any mirrors there so I won't be able to check what my outfits look like. Maybe people don't really make that much effort with what they wear when they go to a festival, but I always think if in doubt, go for it.

So here are my outfits, I just need to cut down another pair of jeans into shorts in case the weather is unbelievably hot (fingers crossed).


Top - Next (about 8 years ago)
Skirt - made from charity shop dress
Hair garland - Ebay
Shoes - Spartoo
necklace - present from my sister

This was the skirt that was originally a dress but too tight around the bust. I have finally got around to cutting the top off and sewing in an elastic waistband. It is a bit rough and ready but should be fine as long as the waistband is covered. I am thinking of adding some fairy wings to this outfit for the fancy dress on saturday.

Sunglasses and feather earring - Urban Outfitters
Top - New Look
Elephant necklace - Etsy
Shorts - Old jeans from Next cut down

I think I will need to do a bit of cheese grating with these cutoffs before I go. Any other good ideas on how to fray them?

Blouse - H! by Henry Holland at Debenhams
Shorts - as above
Feather Headress - Little Wings on Etsy

I will just add tights to shorts for when it gets cold in the evening. I am thinking my hair might get a bit frizzy if I don't get to wash it so can put it in a bun with this feather headress. We will be taking our own shower and tent so I am hoping for a hot shower every day though!.


Dress - People Tree
Cropped Leggings - New Look

I think this dress might be a bit too dressy but hoping that the cropped leggings help to dress it down a bit and make it more practical.

T shirt - customised
necklace - a present from my Mum
Bag - Desigual
Tube top - charity shop
worn with cutoff jeans (as above)

This t shirt is another one of my DIY projects that I have finally got around to doing. I just cutoff the sleeves and kind of gave it a racer back.

As for the music, there are so many amazing bands, artists and DJ's that I want to see. I am just waiting for the full line up and timings to be announced so that I can work out how much I can fit in.
Are you going to any festivals this summer? what will you be wearing?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X


No comments:

Post a Comment