Powered by Blogger.

Belated FBFF - Autumn Trends

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I am really cross for myself with being so late with the post, so much for Friday, it is now Saturday. I wanted to illustrate the post with some outfits that I have made but as I have been having major problems with my camera, I have had to make do with what I could get and combine with Instagram pictures from my Iphone.

This weeks topic is Autumn trends and we were asked:
Name your five favorite fall trends and how you plan to wear them this season?

I don't plan to buy lots of new clothes for autumn as I already have so many clothes. Instead I will be trying to make some of my favourite autumn trends from clothes that I already have in my wardrobe, perhaps topped up with a few charity shop and vintage finds.

Animal Prints


Last week I treated myself to a Konad nail stamping set after I saw so many amazing nails on FBFF. I couldn't believe how easy it was to create a pretty professional looking nails. Here I have got zebra nails with a navy Barry M polish as the base. I also have a leopard print stamp so will no doubt be giving this a try soon.

As much as I love them, I know that I am not going to be able to afford those Prada snakeskin boots, I did manage to find this fake snakeskin clutch yesterday for £3 in a secondhand shop.

Dark Florals


Dress - Vintage
Shoes Irregular Choice

I am a big fan of florals and I don't see any reason why they can't work for winter as well as summer. I absolutely loved the florals for Autumn at Mary Katrantzou, Erdem, Paul Smith, Jil Sander and Paul & Joe. Florals offer endless possibilities for pattern mixing and I will probably get some floral tights to keep my legs both warm and flowery.

Plaid and Layered Jackets


Chanel AW11 - Image credit

Jackets - Charity shops
Jeans - Vila
Shoes - Melissa
Top - Dorothy Perkins

Tweed, plaid, check and Herringbone all featured heavily on the catwalks for autumn. I particularly liked the layered jacket look at Chanel. There are loads of these Chanel style jackets around in charity shops and I just happened to have a slightly larger sized one which fitted perfectly over a plain tailored jacket. The great thing about this outfit is that it is really warm.

Retro




Counting retro as one trend is a little bit cheeky as it encompasses so many different looks but I just couldn't choose between them. For autumn, I love all of the looks from the forties to seventies. I have a few different vintage pieces which I will be wearing. Yesterday I found this Laura Ashley cord shift dress in Oxfam for £6.50. I will be wearing it with boots or coloured and patterned tights for a sixties look. I will also be wearing pencil skirts with blouses.



I also managed to get this beautiful vintage kimono in the local secondhand shop yesterday, It just needs shortening a little.

Tunics and trousers

The final trend that I love is tunics and trousers. This is such a flattering and easy look to do. I will just wear a mini dress with trousers, perhaps one that I already have or one from a charity shop. Although most of the catwalk looks were quite minimalist, I will be much more likely to use this outfit as a base for showing off statement accessories as I rarely do minimalist.

So over to you, what are your favourite trends for autumn?

You can find plenty of inspiration from the other FBFF posts over at Modly Chic. Have a good weekend.

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment