Powered by Blogger.

Volksfest Wales and the Gower Peninsula

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I am just back from my latest holiday which included Volksfest Wales followed by 5 days in the Gower Peninsula in Wales. Feeling a little sad that this was our last Campervan trip of the  year but definitely can't complain as we have had an amazing summer and despite the British weather not one of trips has really bad weather.

Blouse - H!Henry Holland at Debenhams
Vest Top - ASOS
Leggings - People Tree
Shoes - Spartoo
Denim Skirt - Customised
Bag - Monsoon
Necklace - Shop in Victoria Station
 
T shirt - charity shop
Cutoffs - customised myself

I have been kind of running out of inspiration for camping outfits this time especially as I had no idea what the weather would be like so I decided to stick with some of my tried and tested options. On the Saturday night there was a fancy dress theme of heroes and villains. I wasn't going to bother investing any time or money in a fancy dress outfit but I spotted a Batman T shirt in the local charity shop for £3 so decided to make half an effort.

As usual I took loads of photos of all the VW's but won't bore you by posting them all. If you are interested there are a few on my Tumblr.

Unfortunately Saturday night was ruined a bit by the inconsiderate people who decided to stay in the family camping field even though they clearly weren't a family then proceeded to argue and fight for most of the night keeping everyone awake with their foul language. After that we decided to move on a day earlier than planned to the piece and quiet of the Gower Peninsula.
T Shirt and shorts - customised myself
Boob tube - charity shop
bag - Monsoon


Jacket - La Redoute
Cardigan - M & S
Hat - Dents (TK Maxx)
Jeans- M& S Indigo Green

The Gower Peninsula was quiet and very beautiful. I can't believe I have never even been there before as it is only a few hours drive away, although slightly longer going at Roberta (our campervan) speed. We made sandcastles, went rockpooling, had barbeques and drink beer and I even braved the cold water and went bodyboarding once.

Anyway home now and back to reality!

Hope you have a great bank holiday weekend if you are in the UK. For those in the US, hoping that Hurricane Irene doesn't cause too much damage and destruction., stay safe.

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment