Powered by Blogger.

Kimono Jacket

Wednesday, December 22, 2010


I never got to go on my Christmas night out. Not only was the weather too bad but also my daughter wasn't well. I have now caught her cold and have been feeling sorry for myself and not left the house for the last four days. On the up side, I used the time that I should've spent going out to alter a vintage kimono style jacket that I bought on Ebay quite a while ago. It was too long an looked a bit like a dressing gown (in fact it might have even been a dressing gown), but I just haven't had the chance to shorten it to make it look more jacket like so Sunday night I  dusted off my sewing machine from the place where it has been sat for at least the last five years and got on with it. The jacket is made of that horrible polyester fabric, but I love the floral pattern so much, I can forgive that.

Today I decided to make an effort to get dressed up and go out the  house to Sainsburys to get a few bits of food for Christmas. Big mistake, the place was rammed and made me want to scream. What I am not getting is, why on one of the busiest days of the year people decide to stand in everyones way in the aisles and have a chat?

Vintage Kimono jacket/ dressing gown - Ebay
Black mini dress - Oasis
Leggings - People Tree
Belt- Next
Boots - Topshop
Pendant - a present

No comments:

Post a Comment