Powered by Blogger.

A Sunny Day and A Fringed Necklace

Wednesday, January 19, 2011


What difference a bit of sunshine makes to a photograph. It seems like ages since we have had bright sunshine and todays picture looks so much clearer and brighter than some of my recent photographs. I am sure if I actually worked out how to use my camera I could find a way to counteract the effects of poor light.

Todays outfit features a fringed necklace which I bought for about £5 in the Oasis sale just before Christmas. This is the first time I have worn it but I have a feeling it will be getting much more wear in the spring and summer (even though I can't stop thinking that it makes me look like I have a hairy chest!). I am also wearing some old tops from New Look and Dorothy Perkins and a pair of leggings with tiny multi coloured hearts from Topshop. The boots are by Po-Zu.

Despite the beautiful weather today, I am struggling to keep myself feeling sunny this week for a few different reasons:

1. I have just found out that Vintage at Goodwood is no longer going to be happening, instead there will be a vintage festival at the South Bank Centre arranged by Wayne and Geraldine Hemmingway. Whilst I am sure this is great news for Londoners, for many others including me it is not! We had invested in an old VW camper van partly so that we could transport kids and vintage outfits to camp for the whole weekend this year. It just wouldn't be the same for us in London, no camping, expensive hotels, no fun for the children, trains and tubes to get there.

2. I seem to be having huge problems buying clothes in the sales. I had some money for Christmas and decided to look for something designer that would be a good investment. So I looked at some different retailers/ websites to the ones that I  usually use. First I chose and tried to order some clothes on Coggles only to be told that they couldn't take my card payment online and I had to ring instead. After the discovery that the delivery was going to cost me nearly £10, I decided not to bother

3. Next I found something that I really liked on Liberty (A Helmut Lang top), I ordered and paid and waited but received nothing except an email saying the item I had ordered was out of stock and they couldn't get hold of any more so my order had been cancelled, then referring me to the T  & C's.

4. So finally today I found something I liked  (or actually 2 items) on the Outnet. When I went to place the order, I thought that tax was to be added on afterward - Thanks to Trying to Look Fab in Your Forties for pointing out in the comments that the tax is shown in the break down but not actually added on top of the prices. What a relief I can now place my order afterall.

I know in the scheme of things, not going to festivals and buying clothes is not the end of the world but I just felt like a bit of a moan. Why does buying designer clothes online have to be so difficult? I never seem to have these problems with the likes of Oasis and ASOS.

Hope you having a good week and I have not bored you too much with my whingeing. Any suggestions on good places to buy designer clothes online for the future would be appreciated.

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment