Powered by Blogger.

Pattern Mixing With My Sales Goodies

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Over the last week or so I have been falling back into my old habit of dressing in grey. I guess it is because I have been super busy with some early starts so haven't had too much time to think about what I am wearing. Not sure why but grey sometimes just seems the quickest and easiest option. Today when I woke up and looked out the window, I remembered that I said 'the greyer the day, the brighter the outfit' and decided to cheer myself up by making an effort with a bright outfit. This was made particularly easy ny the fact I have just received a package of sales goodies from ASOS.



This floral dress by Mink Pink was one of my sales goodies. It has black panels in the side of the bodice (which you can't see in this picture because of the cardi) which I love because they are super slimming (just what I need after a Christmas of over indulgence) and also make it slightly edgier than just a plain floral dress (although I love those too). The cardigan is about 3 years old and from George at Asda, the hair flower from Dorothy Perkins and the hat knitted by Oranges and Apples.

I have also invested in two pairs of trousers in the sales and some cardigans and another dress from Great Plains at Coggles. Have you checked out their sale yet?, they still have some amazing bargains including designer pieces and some different labels. They have up to 70% off.

I am trying to get some versatile separates that I can use to create different outfits, I get bored of clothes quick so the more opportunites to combine the better, especially if it involves pattern mixing. I avoid shopping in the sales straight after Christmas as the urgency of getting a bargain seems to make me buy clothes that I don't wear. I find waiting a little longer until I can really consider what I want much more effective.

How do you shop the sales? and have you got any bargains?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment