Powered by Blogger.

Brightly Coloured Inspiration For SS11

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I can't wait until the summer. I always think it so much easier to wear bright colours on a sunny summer day. This year there is also plenty of catwalk inspiration to give me ideas on what to wear and how to wear it.



I couldn't really mention bright colours for SS11 without including Christopher Kane with his neon Princess Margaret on acid collection. I absolutely love it and although it is quite an extreme collection there was definitely lots there that I would wear, if I could afford it.


At Jonathan Saunders there were some great micro prints and also some great pattern mixing going on. A very eyecatching look which was not quite as full on as block colour but still very eyecatching and stylish.



At Dries Van Noten this coat really caught my eye amongst the much more washed out and muted tones of the rest of the collection. I love the graduation effect making it a little different and more subtle than block colour.


At Prada, the look was pure, simple and bright. I love the idea of wearing just one very bright colour. I am not sure if I would ever be brave enough to do so though! I also love the bold stripes as the black just increases the intensity.

At Prabal Gurang, I loved the combination of blue and my favourite yellow.


I loved the neon tribal prints at Proenza Schouler and the greens and oranges, will definitely be looking out for these on the high street.

 
At Marc Jacobs, there were some amazing colour combinations with lots of oranges plus a really sugary mix of pink and purple.



My attention was drawn to Issa by all of the media speculation about Kate Middleton's wedding dress and I am glad that it was. I love the simple and clean lines of this label. One of my favourite looks is this combination of blue and yellow. The collection also featured lots of other beautiful colour combinations.

Will you be wearing brights this summer? which are your favourite looks

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

All images from http://www.freehairstyles.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment