Powered by Blogger.

FBFF Spring Trend

Friday, April 8, 2011

This weeks topic for Fashion and Beauty Friend Friday is Spring Trend.
What are the top 5 Spring trends that you are looking forward to seeing/sporting this season? (Can be anything from makeup, shoes, accessories, clothing, etc..)

What an excellent topic. With all the beautiful summery weather we have been having I am definitely feeling in the mood for wearing some spring and summer clothes. Just hoping it is going to hang around for a bit longer. For me Spring and summer is mainly about bright colours as you will see from my favourite trends.



At number one of my favourite spring trends has got to be stripes. I love the bold and bright Prada stripes but I also love the more classic Breton stripes that seem to be still hanging around from last summer. Most of all I love mixing stripes with other patterns.



Which leads me nicely onto my second favourite trend for the spring pattern mixing. Again this is not really a trend that is particularly new for this spring (are any of them?), it has been bubbling away for some time now. It was clearly evident in one way or another at a number of the shows including D and G, Moschino Cheap and Chic, Alexander McQueen (which featured patterns withing patterns), Marc Jacobs, Prada, Miu Miu, Kenzo, Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti and Chanel. I just love the bright and boldness of this trend and the way it is so cleverly done. You can also create your own individual look within this trend.



At number three, has to be bright floral patterns. Another trend that seems to come back year after year. For this spring and summer there were lots of really bright florals on the catwalk so hopefully there will be plenty around in the shops. I am also pretty sure that I will have some lying around in my wardrobe from previous years.

Number four on my list is colour blocking. This was most obvious at Jil Sanders but also lots of other shows. This is another great trend for DIYing and you can easily adapt it to create your own look. I like to try and adapt it to fit in with the types of clothes that suit me so leggings, long tops, cropped jackets and cardigans. I also love this trend as it gives me the chance to wear all my favourite colours at once.



With so many colourful favourites for spring, I think it is only fair to give my eyes (and those around me) a break. White is my final favourite trend if you can call it that. I specifically like the floaty, lacy, sporty and sheer whites which were almost everywhere for the shows. I couldn't really choose between them as I loved them all.

What are your favorite spring trends?

You can check out lots of other FBFF posts here on Modly Chic .

All images from elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment