Powered by Blogger.

Charity Shop Style - SS11 Trends

Monday, April 11, 2011

I love charity shop shopping. Not only do you help out a charity but it is also a great way of recycling clothes. Charity shops are jam packed with amazing goodies although sometimes it takes just a little bit longer than shopping in new clothing shops. I often find I wear my second hand clothes more than the clothes that I buy new. I don't have just one style and I tend to sway between following trends and doing my own thing and often something inbetween.

Charity shops work really well for both on trend items and more individual pieces. I often think that we have been there before with so many of the trends which means you can often find or even adapt charity shop pieces to look great for the season ahead. Take this summer, you will find plenty of stripes, florals, whites and brightly coloured pieces (ideal for colour blocking) in the charity shops. Charity shops are also great hunting ground for the retro and vintage looks that are so popular at the moment . So today I have decided to share some of the pieces that I have discovered.

I am kind of toying with the idea of making charity shop style a regular feature where I pick out my favourite pieces in from the online charity shops. What do you think? would you like to see more charity shop style perhaps as a monthly post?

Brights Florals


 Bright florals are not only a huge trend this year but are likely to come back again year after year making them a great investment.

Vintage Florals



I have noticed that for summer some of the designers and brands have been diving into their archives and ressurecting old prints including DVF and Laura Ashley. I particularly love the peachy and orange shades in this dress.

Colour Blocking




As clothes in charity shops are cheaper than buying new you can be a little more advernturous with colour than you might usually be.

Stripes



These multicolour stripes are a great way to add some colour to your summer wardrobe.

White Dress

Everyone needs a white dress for summer, this one is perfect for the evening and showing off your suntan.


If you like any of these pieces, I advise you not to wait too long to buy them as they are one offs so might not be there for long.

Have a great week

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment