Powered by Blogger.

Camper Van Festival and Campsite Style

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On the weekend, we took the children and Roberta (our camper van) to Van West, a show dedicated to all things VW. We camped at Brean sands and had an amazing time with live music and plenty of entertainment. In  terms of what I wore, I found it quite a challenge to look stylish in any way and my outfits were certainly nothing to write home about! The problem being that it rained quite a bit and was also quite windy turning my hair into a frizzy mess and making me resort to the safe option of hoody and jeans on day. I did however add a scarf to try and make myself look a little different from all of the other hoody wearers out there and for the rain, my leopard print hat.

I was greatly inspired by the outfits of a lady in the site opposite who managed to look amazing despite the conditions with a very nice dress worn with leggings and a cardigan and playsuit worn with a cardigan and bright pink Doc Martins. I will definitely be making more of an effort next time.
Hat - TK Maxx
Jacket - La Redoute
Jeans - Dorothy Perkins
Wellies - Spartoo

Getting very wet on the first night.

Hoody - JD Sports
Jeans - Marks and Spencers
Scarf - Present
Shoes - Dkode

Dress - Asos
Leggings - Next
Shoes -  Pikolinos
Cardigan - a present

Some style ideas and inspiration that I gained from this trip:
  • Footwear needs to be practical but doesn't have to be wellies unless it is really wet 
  • Wear dresses/ skirts with leggings, especially in windy weather
  • Try out new braids/ hairstyles and hats to keep hair under control
  • Bright colours and patterns are definitely the way to go, minimalism can look drab on a campsite especially when damp and creased. 
  • At festivals you can get away with being a bit more unusual stuff than you might normally wear, no one will bat an eyelid,so now is the time to try something a little different. Flowers in your hair, unusual hats, anything goes really. My favourite look was a medieval fairy complete with wings, she even walked on tippy toes!
I don't usually post too much on this blog other than fashion but I wanted to share some of my pictures of the weekend, as without being too much of an anorak, there were some amazing campervans to look at. I don't confess to have any knowledge or interest in aircooled engines but what I love is the way that the different cars, vans and campervans have been customised, almost like an extension of their owners style with so much attention to detail. I spotted one lady in a beautiful fifties campervan that had been restored in black and white she was even wearing a matching black and white scarf. I also love the culture that surrounds the whole VW scene which includes both the vintage and newer models.




Yummy icecream from these vintage icecream vans!



On the Sunday, there was a parade of VW's from  the campsite to Brean Sands. It was an amazing sight to see hundreds and hundreds of different VW's stretching across the sands further than the eye could see.




The zebra print splittie was definitely one of my favourites.





What did you get up to at the weekend?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment