Powered by Blogger.

Comfy Flats

Thursday, June 16, 2011

As much as I love a pair of heels as much as the next girl, 90% of the time I end up wearing my flats because they are more comfortable and practical when I have a distance to walk (I like to walk whenever possible for excercise) and chasing around after children. The problem that I have is that I love to wear dresses and skirts but it can often be difficult to find the right pair of flat shoes to go with skirts and dresses. For years I just wore a pair of plain black ballet pumps, they went with just about everything but quite honestly they really started to bore me.

So in my ongoing quest for comfort, style and shoes that are a great investment and will get loads of wear, here is a round up of some of my favourites on Spartoo.

Blowfish sandals
These Lakota denim sandals by Blowfish look really cool and comfortable. They offer a bit more support than a flipflop and are really trendy too. They would look great with denim skirts or shorts and some pretty coral nail polish on the toes. 


francois girbaud biche ballet pumps

These pumps by Marithé et François Girbaud are really something a little bit special and great for wearing with slightly smarter outfits. They have a patent panel and corset inspired laces.


This is another really beautiful pair of ballerina pumps by Cafe Noir. the shiny finish and gold insignia make them a little bit different and perfect for wearing with a little black dress when heels just aren't practical.


ballerina pumps by regard
These sandals by Regard are delicate enough to wear with a dress but also a bit more edgey  than the traditional ballerina pumps. The neutral colour also means they make your legs look long - bonus!

These shoes by Pataguas are a cross between daps (as they call them round here) and a gladiator sandal, love it!

With flats this gorgeous,  I am definitely considering saving my heels for evenings and special occasions.

What do you think?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment