Powered by Blogger.

Should it stay or should it go?

Monday, August 8, 2011

I a bit of a hoarder when it comes to clothes, actually I am a lot of a hoarder. I rarely get rid of clothes unless they are worn out, they don't fit or they seriously don't suit me and I made a major mistake in buying them in the first place. Even then I often hang onto them anyway, just incase they fit me again  at some point or I can upcycle them into something else.

Hoarding clothes like I do goes against all the stylist and fashion editors rules. It is usually recommended that you edit your wardrobe regularly to allow you to work out what clothes you have, keep your wardrobe clutter free and make it easier to decide what to wear. My wardrobe is most definitely not clutter free and when my existing wardrobe got too full, Mr Style Eyes kindly built me another walk in wardrobe which is now almost at bursting point too.

Whilst buying lots of clothes that you don't need is wasteful and bad for the environment and storing them ties up valuable resources, in some ways, I think hoarding can be a good choice. Compared to many women I know I buy relatively few clothes but I just don't like getting rid of anything. I often find that if I bag something up and put up in the loft because I am bored of it, when I bring it down, I like it again and in some cases it has come back in fashion again. This saves me having to go out and buy lots of clothes to refresh my wardrobe all of the time.

Todays outfit was made with just such a dress. I bought it years ago (about 10 I think) in a Topshop sale. I wore it a few times but after having children decided it didn't look great and stuck it in a bin bag up in the loft. Every now and then, I get a few bin bags down (or Mr Style Eyes does) and I have a dig around to see what I have, which can be almost as fun as going shopping for new stuff.


Dress - Topshop
Belt - Monsoon
Shoes - Spartoo
Necklace - New Look

How about you? do you hoard or edit?

Hope you are having a great week. I have  been really busy with work, holidays and the girls home from school over the last few weeks and have  really been missing reading my favourite blogs as regularly as usual. I look forward to stopping by soon.


With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment