Powered by Blogger.

FBFF - Fitness and Fashion

Friday, April 29, 2011


Todays Fashion and Beauty Friends Friday is about fitness and fashion, two topics very close to my heart. Unfortunately todays post is a little rushed as it is of course royal wedding day and I will soon be going to glue myself to the TV to check out everyone's outfits. So here goes.

1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why?
Yes I do two to three excercise classes per week plus a 2-3 mile run. It is really important to me to keep fit for a number of reasons. I want  to keep healthy and try and prevent illness in later life but also alot of it is about how I look. If I am more toned my clothes fit and hang better and a wider variety of clothes seem to suit me. I also find excercise makes me feel good and helps me relax, it is my time when I am free from family, work, household demands. I think I am also slightly addicted to excercise, if I don't get to go to my classes I start to feel lethargic and fed up.

2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image?
I am not training for a marathon but I started excercising again after the brith of my second child to get back into shape. I don't think it has changed my perception of body image, it has changed my body shape. I like my body this way better, my clothes look better and I feel more confident in some ways.

3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion?
Both. I tend to go for very basic black gym wear. I have three sets all from Nike. I try and wear something that is flattering but as I am only wearing it for a short part of the day, I don't really want to spend lots of money on the latest fashion. if money was no object, I would probbaly buy all my fitness clothes from Sweaty Betty. Most important for me is that it is comfortable and doesn't hamper my work out eg a top that rides up, doesn't cling in the wrong places and doesn't show sweat marks (definitely not a good look) which is why I stick to black.

4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness?
I am not sure. Perhaps there is some sort of a perception that those who are not physically fit are lazy and that everyone is reponsible for their own physical fitness.
5. Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal.
Ideally I would like to lose a little more weight but for me fitness is not really goal driven, it is more about regular excercise and feeling good.

So over to you, what do you do to keep fit and what do you wear? You can read the rest of the posts on this topic over at Modly Chic.

Hope you enjoy the royal wedding. I am keeping my fingers crossed for an Erdem wedding dress.

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment