Powered by Blogger.

When Kate and Will Got Married

Friday, April 29, 2011




What I Thought

The dress was absolutely perfect (even if it wasn't Erdem), well done to Sarah for an amazing creation. Very Kate, but I also immediately thought Grace Kelly. I loved the long arms, the delicate lace, the skirt with just the right amount of flare and the simple veil and her very natural hair and make up. So pretty and incredibly elegant. They both looked very happy.

Grace Kelly's Wedding Dress

The guests - by far those that stood out for me were Tara PT, Victoria Beckham,Miriam Gonzalez Durantez, the Queen in fabulous yellow and Princess Anne in lilac and lime green floral. I also though Pippa Middleton looked stunning. I was really surprised at how many people were not wearing hats most noticeably Samantha Cameron. If I had been invited I would definitely make the most of the opportunity to wear a fab hat by Phillip Treacy or Victoria Grant.

I can't help remembering my own wedding (nearly 12 years ago) and what a special day that was for me. My aunt was one of the first graduates from the London College of Fashion. She made my dress for me, an ivory silk dress with boned, beaded and lace embellished bodice and full skirt. OK no where near such a big event as the royal wedding but I definitely felt like a princess.


A slightly blurry photo of my wedding photo

What I Wore


If I had my way I would have got really dressed up as if I was actually going to the royal wedding. As everyone else was doing casual I decided to go for in between with a red, white and blue royal wedding themed outfit.

What I Did
This morning was dedicated to sitting in front of the TV watching the royal wedding (of course).This afternoon, a little work (blogging about the royal wedding ) followed by a street party in the afternoon.

What I Ate




We drunk champagne and ate pain au chocolate, scones and jam whilst watching the royal wedding. I will be following with beer, barbeque and bacon sandwiches at the street party this afternoon.

A big congratulations to the happy couple, I wish them a lifetime of happiness together.

Hope you are having a lovely day

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment