Powered by Blogger.

Gringo Maxi Skirt

Friday, May 13, 2011

When I was at the VW Camper Van Festival at the weekend, I treated myself to a new skirt from one of the stalls with the last bit of my birthday money. I had been looking for something amazingly colourful with a great print but the various different floral dresses that I ordered all had to be sent back due to being poor quality and such thin fabric. Nothing that I could find online made me really want it. This skirt jumped out at me immediatley and I just had to have it. I loved the print so much and when I tried it on it even fitted without dragging on the floor (very usual for me with a maxi skirt as I am only 5ft 2). That just confirmed it for me.

The skirt is by Fairtrade label Gringo. This is just how ethical fashion should be - you love it and know you want it before you even know that it  is ethical. The label describes itself as  'alternative women and men's clothing and accessories, a mixture of ethnic, hippy, street and surf wear, a bit of something for everyone.' This sort of clothing doesn't usually appeal to me but I have noticed Gringo before for its beautiful prints and this skirt for me some how  elevates itself above the 'alternative' label into something that is just plain beautiful!




Top - Topshop
Skirt - Gringo (you can buy it here)
Shoes - Geox
Earrings - Dorothy Perkins

So what do you think? Alternative and hippy?

With warmest wishes

Ceri X

No comments:

Post a Comment